We regularly receive requests from people who want carpet tubes. Carpet tubes have many uses, including:
- We recycle them ourselves for rolling carpets on. (But we still end up with more than we need.)
- Craft projects.
- Cat scratching posts.
- Cut into sections for storage bins.
We are happy to accommodate these requests. It is better for everyone to recycle and reuse rather than send stuff to landfills. Incidentally, carpet tubes are made of paper fiber that has already been recycled several times. When the paper fiber gets old (and the fibers short), the paper fiber can no longer reasonably be made into quality paper, so it is made into carpet tubes. Carpet tubes are about the last use that paper fiber gets, even after corrugated cardboard. So we already have a very recycled product! But we are happy to see it get one more use.
When requesting carpet tubes, please keep the following in mind.
- We provide them FREE of charge. Therefore, if you come in when we are busy, please wait patiently while we service our paying customers. We will get to your request as soon as we can, and it is rare anyone needs to wait long.
- Carpet tubes come 12′ long. Be prepared to come with a vehicle that can handle a tube this long. Sorry, but we do not provide a tube cutting service.
- Tubes sometimes have staples on the ends. Please be aware of this so you don’t cut yourself. Also, staples should be removed before giving them to children for craft projects.
- No, we do not ship carpet tubes. We are happy to help people who come visit us, but it is not environmentally sound to ship carpet tubes. If you are outside our service area, check with a local carpet store. Most will be happy to help.
- We can almost always accommodate requests for a couple carpet tubes. No call is necessary. Just come in. If you are hoping to get a lot of carpet tubes, a call ahead would be a good idea just to be sure we can accommodate your request.
We thank you for your interest in carpet tubes.